Throne Events is a company registered in England and Wales collectively referred to a “Throne Events”, “we”, or “us” in this policy.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Throne Events, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Throne Events is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our events or go online, provides you with information about:
How we use your data;
What personal data we collect
How we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
Throne Events (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Throne Events to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Throne Events uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Throne Events offers.
Throne Events aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. changing marketing preferences via your ‘Throne Events’ account;
2. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails and/or
3. contacting Throne Events via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Throne Events only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Throne Events will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
What personal data do we collect
We only collect Personal Information that you submit to us, including but not limited to personal data (i.e., Your name, mailing address, email address, title, organisation, and information supplied by you voluntarily to Throne Events relating to computer software or hardware installed in your site that is applicable to Throne Events products), for example when you download information or documents, request further information from us or participate in a promotion or survey, etc. We may also collect aggregate information regarding users of the site.
Personal information forms for visiting adults and children
All personal information forms are to be sent and stored at Throne Events Head Office:
Throne Events LTD
779 Rochdale Road
In the event of an emergency the personal information forms for the individuals involved will be required. In instances where an accident and incident report form is completed the personal information form will be scanned and retained. These retained personal information forms along with the accident and incident report forms will be stored in a locked filling cabinet.
Throne Events has the facility to destroy these forms if requested too.
How we protect your data
All information you provide to Throne Events is stored on our secure servers. Once you have logged into our website via the ‘Throne Events’ link, all information you submit to Throne Events is encrypted using TLS. By submitting your personal data you agree to this storing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with our data protection policy. Where Throne Events have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access ‘Throne Events’, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. New passwords can be issued on request.
This information will be available for you to view online through your ‘Throne Events’.
What you can do to help protect your data
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Throne Events and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Personal information access rights
All individuals have the right to access their personal information. Individuals have the right to:
know what information is being processed, why it is being processed and who it may be disclosed to
receive a copy of the personal information about them
know about the sources of the information
Process for obtaining personal information
The following process will apply when an individual wishes to obtain information held on them by Throne Events;
To obtain access to personal information held about them, individuals must send either a written or electronic request - known as a subject access request (SAR).
Individuals should make it clear that it is a formal request
Throne Events can request proof of identity. This could be an official document, such as a drivers licence or passport.
Throne Events can request additional information in order to provide you will the correct information you require.
Throne Events will respond to a SAR as quickly as possible and no later than 30 days after receiving it. The 30 days does not start until any additional information required is received.
The information requested will be provided in a permanent format – for example, a computer printout, letter or form.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Throne Events processing personal data
Throne Events collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of services to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or mail.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Throne Events, including:-
- selling and supplying services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Throne Events, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Throne Events;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Throne Events; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Our web site does use persistent cookies.
If you have any questions about how Throne Events uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to us at: Throne Events LTD, 779 Rochdale Road, Todmorden. OL14 6TG
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.